[Slime-devel] Interest in addition to slime-repl-history-replace?

João Távora joaotavora at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 12:11:40 UTC 2015

Liam Healy <lnp at healy.washington.dc.us> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Andrew <asm198 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     João Távora <joaotavora <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>     > Andrew Myers <asm198 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>     > > Here's what I have modified right now.
>     > There is a much, much bigger chance to get this looked at if you
>     make a
>     > github pull request. See the new CONTRIBUTING.md file.
>     >
>     > João

>     For anyone interested in this, I Just submitted a pull request for
>     it on
>     github. It's been cleaned up and I added a customize option and
>     fixed a
>     few bugs that were in the version I sent out in email.
>     https://github.com/slime/slime/pull/100

> I'm interested in this feature; it's one of the things I missed when I
> switched from ELI to SLIME years ago. What is its status? I notice the
> discussion on github about last input vs. last matching input; as I
> recall, ELI could do both, I think there was a prefix argument for the
> latter.

About a year ago, this was complicated to implement in slime-repl which
doesn't use much of Emacs' own comint.el. But I still find this feature
interesting and I've implemented it in SLY as demonstrated in this 30
sec video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka4J2v3n57o

I used Robert Goldman's description of the behaviour in
https://github.com/slime/slime/pull/100. It also works with reverse
i-search.

João