any way to call indent-sexp from Lisp

Ben Hyde bhyde at pobox.com
Tue Oct 29 20:38:23 UTC 2013

On Oct 29, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Mark H. David <mhd at yv.org> wrote:
> I don't want to use the built-in pretty printer to dump code forms to an output stream.
> Rather, I'd like it to be formatted as indent-sexp does when SLIME is running with my Lisp environment loaded.
> Can anyone recommend a way to do this?  Does SLIME offer anything along these lines?
> Thanks,
> Mark

Hi Mark -

In emacs set slime-enable-evaluate-in-emacs to T, it's a defcustom.

Test that your no able to call back to emacs from your slime session.  For example do (swank:eval-in-emacs '(message "hi")) and "hi" should appear in the emacs minibuffer.

At that point you can write some thing elisp to do the formatting.

 - ben