[patch] another fix for find-definition in the REPL buffer

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 05:24:03 UTC 2013

> BTW, I wonder if providing these patches with full changelog and ready
> to commit would somehow
> speed up the analysis/integration

the issue you're trying to address by providing more convenient
patches is unfortunately not an engineering or convenience issue, but
is rather social in nature.

there are very few active committers due to the conservative attitude
of the maintainer(s) of slime (or at least that's my narrative to make
sense of the facts), and a surprisingly low pace development for an
IDE -- a piece of software whose users are exclusively programmers
proficient in the same language the IDE itself is written in.

but i don't really have the motivation to try to tackle this issue by
initiating and maintaining a constructive discussion. i just thought
that it's worth it to at least throw in my 0.02 in a short note.

so, it's just some 0.02,

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39