[slime-devel] slime debugger string length cutoff, bad default and how to control it

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 16:40:59 UTC 2011

>>> I can predict my terminal width high accuracy.
>>
>> *your* terminal width.
>
> And your terminal width is better than mine, right?

it's pretty obvious, but... what i meant is that the ability to
predict *your* terminal width with high accuracy is a very weak
argument for inflicting an arbitrary limit derived from that on the
entire slime user base (modulo the forks with all their wasted
divergence).

i wouldn't have pointed this out if you didn't try to defend the
status quo on top of that, but rather e.g. shrug, and say that it's
good enough for you as it is, and patches are welcome.

oh, but wait! are patches welcome?

--
 attila

Notice the erosion of your (digital) freedom, and do something about it!

PGP: 2FA1 A9DC 9C1E BA25 A59C  963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39
OTR XMPP: 8647EEAC EA30FEEF E1B55146 573E52EE 21B1FF06