[slime-devel] Problem with debugger view source

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Wed Sep 1 14:59:28 UTC 2010

* Ryan Taylor [2010-09-01 12:42] writes:

> Tail calls do not seem to be the problem; the problem does not seem
> dependent on particular constructs, I have seen it happen in a variety
> of situations.  Here is an example that does not work.
>
> Source file breaktest.lisp:
>  (declaim (optimize (debug 3)))
>  (defun foo (bar)
>    (print bar)
>    (print bar)
>    (break)
>    (print bar)))
                 ^ This seems superflous, but probably not the problem.

>  (defun foo-caller ()
>    (foo "hello")
>    (print "caller"))
>
> From the REPL, I do:
>   CL-USER> (load "/home/ryan/breaktest.lisp")
>   CL-USER> (foo-caller)
>
> When I try sbdl-show-source on foo-caller or foo in the call stack, I
> get the errors mentioned in my previous email.

I see some warnings and sldb-show-source brings me to the
(declaim (optimize (debug 3))) form which is also pretty wrong.

When loading the fasl file (load (compile-file "...breaktest.lisp")) the
debugger is not so confused.

The warning comes from swank-sbcl.lisp because the
sb-di::code-location-toplevel-form-offset always returns 0 which seems
like a SBCL bug.

Helmut