[slime-devel] slime-repl-find-buffer-package in unconnected lisp

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Sun Jan 31 04:18:54 UTC 2010

This commit was a bad idea and has unforseen, undesirable consequences:

* 2009-10-15  Helmut Eller  <heller at common-lisp.net>

|	* slime-repl.el (slime-repl-find-buffer-package): New function.
|	(slime-repl-init): Initialize slime-find-buffer-package-function.

To use slime-repl-find-buffer-package this way, either
slime-find-buffer-package-function should be made buffer local for
"live" repl buffers, or much code needs to be redesigned to avoid
redisplay errors, (when editing IN-PACKAGE forms, say), in a lisp buffer
when slime is not connected to a lisp.

The attached backtrace may help you understand what I'm talking about.

--
Madhu