[slime-devel] Bugtracker for Slime

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Tue Aug 24 14:37:13 UTC 2010

* Tobias C Rittweiler [2010-08-23 20:36] writes:

> My experience with Trac so far is that it tends to be noticably
> (euphemism for annoyingly) slow. Especially on c-l.net.

That's news to me.  I don't quite see why a bug tracker could be slow.
Sorting a table or a full text search don't seem demanding tasks.  But
then there's always room to make mistakes.

> The suggestion about github etc. is what all the kool aid
> is about nowadays, I guess. I wouldn't mind that either,
> although I have no experience other than pulling from such
> sources. I did hear good words about it, FWIW.

github is certainly the one with the most Javascript.

> Presumably you can use those with hg also, or similiar
> services will surely be found for hg elsewhere in case
> you disdain for git is really overwhelming.
>
> To get this done, how shall we proceed?

I think the simplest would be to use Trac on cl.net without a new VCS.
If you want something I will not stop you.

Helmut