[slime-devel] [CLSQL] Slime, CLSQL, and reader macros

Patrick May patrick.may at mac.com
Sat Apr 3 14:13:36 UTC 2010

On Apr 2, 2010, at 4:58 PM, Helmut Eller wrote:
> * Patrick May [2010-04-02 21:03+0200] writes:
>
>>> :fd-handler doesn't work with CCL.  You could set
>>> swank:*communication-style* to nil, which works with every backend, but
>>> of course loses some niceties, eg. you can't use M-. while Lisp does a
>>> lengthy computation.
>>
>> 	Thanks for the details.  Is supporting :fd-handler for CCL on
>> 	the roadmap?
>
> No, CCL has threads so no need for :fd-handler.

	I don't follow your logic.  SBCL has threads on many platforms as well.  More importantly, the behavior within Slime when running CCL is non-intuitive and the fix for that is not obvious (although I'm still working on it).  The behavior of :fd-handler seems as though it would address the issue, so why wouldn't it be supported for CCL?

Thanks,

Patrick