[slime-devel] Daily ChangeLog diff

Duncan Harvey slime-list at abbrvtd.org.uk
Sat Oct 31 16:32:40 UTC 2009

On 29 Oct 2009, at 09:17, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:

> Regarding indentation, I long wanted to make slime-setup set the
> lisp-*-loop-indentation variables to saner default values.
>
> The default values that Emacs ships with are made for inserting a
> newline after the LOOP symbol, i.e.
>
>   (loop
>     for x from ...
>     for y from ...)
>
> Reading code, most people (including me) are more fond of beginning
> the
> first loop clause following the LOOP symbol, i.e.
>
>   (loop for x from ...
>         for y from ...)

On a related note, is it possible to improve the indentation of
grouped loop clauses?  For example:

(loop for cited-title in (gather-referrenced-titles entries)
       for target-entries = (gethash cited-title title/entry-hash)
       unless target-entries
         collect cited-title into orphans
       else when (> (length target-entries) 1)
         collect cited-title into ambiguities
       finally (return (values orphans ambiguities))))

OTOH perhaps I overuse LOOP ;-)

Further examples (including nested clauses, although I rarely/never
use those): <http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/
06_aha.htm>

-- Duncan