[slime-devel] Restart Numbering

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Mon Oct 26 09:49:57 UTC 2009

* Frank Goenninger <B6E7E58B-2238-413F-855D-B266D96B04D6 at me.com> :
Wrote on Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:29:34 +0100:
| Am 26.10.2009 um 08:56 schrieb Levente Mészáros:
|
|> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Madhu <enometh at meer.net> wrote:
|>>
|>> * "Tobias C. Rittweiler" <87r5srbax3.fsf at freebits.de> :
|>> Wrote on Sun, 25 Oct 2009 19:12:08 +0100:
|>>
|>> I'm not sure what youre asking, perhaps the flaw is in the way
|>> restarts were designed by the writers of the framework, who probably
|>> gave no thought to the issue and you are changing slime to fit that
|>> flawed view of the world.
|>>
|>> I have not used those frameworks or looked at those tests.
|>>
|> It's really weird to read this discussion.
|>
|> You seem to be so sure about how others use slime/lisp (what they like
|> or dislike) by extrapolating your own usage scenarios.

If you read carefully upthread I've stated in this thread is MY
experience and MY usage scenario, which I have been carefully qualified.
What makes you think I've extrapolated anything?

Tobias seems to recognize that the others usage scenarios are results of
miscoding/not understanding how restart contours work.

| Why don't you
|> put a variable there? Then both of you will be ok, and others can
|> also choose according to their own preference. Keep the old behavior
|> as default, and it's done.
|>
|> And if we are at it, why does SLDB give a number for restarts which do
|> already have a 1 keystroke keybinding?
|> q, a, c could just be written in place of the numbers, and those
|> numbers could be saved for other restarts... but this would be my
|> personal taste and I'm sure you can find arguments in your taste
|> against it.

Because of consistency, you always want to invoke the innermost restart
with 0. This is not always Q.

| Very well said. Thanks! Now back to the other two ... ;-)

Back to this one!

--
Madhu