[slime-devel] Could we use split-string-and-unquote in swank.el?

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 15:35:48 UTC 2009

Hello Slime developers,

Could we use split-string-and-unquote instead of split-string to
process inferior-lisp-program in swank.el? That would have the
advantage of preserving spaces embedded in command arguments and names.
This is very useful on systems were those are pervasive like
MS-Windows...

Here is attached a small patch against a recent tarball (2009-12-30)
that implements the change. As far as I can tell that change
does not break past normal behavior of the code.

Thanks,

Jean-Claude Beaudoin