[slime-devel] Lisp connection closed unexpectedly

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sun Dec 6 19:16:50 UTC 2009

* Plato Wu [2009-12-06 15:33+0100] writes:

>> I've seen it too at work, but only if I ssh to my work place from home
>> and use emacs -nw; it does not appear with the gui version. It's also
>> 23.1.x, I think.
>>
>>   -T.
>
> Yes, I am at the same situation: ssh and -nw and 23.1.x

I was able to produce a network capture with tshark.  I changed
swank.lisp so that it always creates the port on 4444 and captured with
tshark -i lo -w /tmp/x.dump port 4444

The file is attached below and can be opened with Wireshark.  Some TCP
packets have a "TCP CHECKSUM INCORRECT".  This seems very odd to me.
Does somebody know what it means?

Helmut