[slime-devel] slime+sbcl+emacs on windows

edgar-rft at web.de edgar-rft at web.de
Wed Apr 1 06:19:45 UTC 2009

Hi Andrey and the slime devels,

> Andrey wrote: I have problem with repl on emacs: after run slime,
> before restarting repl on condition, all output prints on emacs
> buffer *inferior-lisp*....

Edgar: I had similar SLDB restart problems with SBCL on Windows.
According to a workaround suggestion by Hartmut Eller:

--- citation ---
> The best solution would be to fix HANDLE-LISTEN, but I don't know how to
> do that. As a workaround you can probably replace
>
> (wait-for-event `(:sldb-return ,(1+ level)) t) ; clean event-queue
>
> in sldb-loop with:
>
> (poll-for-event `(:sldb-return ,(1+ level)))
--- end of citation ---

I have canged the "sldb-loop" in my "swank.lisp" to:

--- part of "sldb-loop" in "swank.lisp" ---
;; changed for SBCL on Windows according to:
;; http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel/7991
(if (and (equal (lisp-implementation-type) "SBCL")
         (equal (software-type) "Win32"))
    (poll-for-event `(:sldb-return ,(1+ level)))
    (wait-for-event `(:sldb-return ,(1+ level)) t)) ; clean event-queue
--- end of code ---

With this modification I can use the same "swank.lisp" with CLISP
as well as SBCL on Windows and Linux.

- edgar

--
The author of this email does not necessarily endorse the
following advertisements, which are the sole responsibility