[slime-devel] ABCL patches for SLIME HEAD

Mark Evenson mark.evenson at gmx.at
Mon Sep 3 09:21:31 UTC 2007

Attach please find a patch that allows SLIME HEAD to work with ABCL.

This patch

o  does not attempt to automatically compile the files in the SLIME
'contrib' directory, as ABCL never returns when asked to compile
'contrib/swank-arglists.lisp'

o  allows the use of slime-compile-and-load-file (C-c C-k) by patching
the definition of COMPILER-CONDITION with explicit NILs, and does a load
time creation of a COMPILER-CONDITION to get the MOP discriminating
functions initialized correctly

Both these patches should really be addressed within the ABCL itself,
but I haven't had the time to figure out these problems to the depth
needed for understanding how to fix them.  Patching SLIME to get around
these problems at the present moment would at least stop people from
complaining "SLIME is broken for ABCL", but I leave that decision up to
the ruling SLIME-heads. . .

--
<Mark.Evenson at gmx.at>

"[T]his is not a disentanglement from, but a progressive knotting into."