[slime-devel] Re: cutting up slime.el

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Thu Feb 1 20:21:42 UTC 2007

+ Gary King <gwking at metabang.com>:

| I like the name SLIME but I wish the list wasn't starting to take on
| its characteristics.

Take it easy, this won't infect the entire list if we don't let it.

| Sigh. Lisp's lovely community relations problem rears its ugly ugly
| head again. What is this serving? Anyone? Anything? I don't see it.

Shit happens, sometimes people just can't get along.  This is not
unique to Lisp or computers.  It happens everywhere, online or
offline.  Let those who feel they can negotiate a resolution of the
conflict try to do so, and otherwise, just stand back until whole
thing blows over.  It's not the end of the world.  (I speak as a
relative outsider.  I lurk here most of the time, and don't read
everything carefully enough to be able to apportion blame.  Which may
be one reason I can watch this calmly from the sidelines without being
bothered about it.)

- Harald