[slime-devel] Re: fuzzy completion patch again

Ralf Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Wed Oct 4 08:35:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:12:34 +0200, Attila Lendvai wrote:

> hi!
>
> this is a patch for fuzzy completion made by a friend of mine, Levente
> Mészáros. he's also subscribed, but he's busy right now, so i'm writing this
> mail...
>
> see the original thread for a feature list:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel/4938/focus=5007
>
> also some find definition code has been added since then, works like the
> fuzzy completion, but jumps to the selected definition instead of replacing
> the word in the buffer.
>
> we are using it in our daily work for several months now, and although none
> of us is an experienced elisp guru, it's very very handy from the user side.
>
> i'm sending this patch in the hopes that someone with more elisp experience
> will review the diff and apply it to the cvs.

Hmm, i applied your patch to my local copy and it really broke things:

 - Emacs snapshot doesn't like the "<TAB>" keybindings (should be
   "\t").

 - Pressing the tab key in the repl does open the completition window and
   i'm able to navigate with "up"/"down", but selecting a completition
   with "enter"/"return" seems to send an "enter" to the repl. With
   paredit activated this causes havoc since the form most likely isn't
   completed yet.

Cheers, Ralf Mattes