[slime-devel] Re: SLIME Committers

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Tue Nov 21 09:50:06 UTC 2006

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

> I'd very much prefer if the CVS repository would continue to be the
> main repository.  Yeah, I know, I haven't done much for SLIME in the
> last months, but sometimes I do and I think I belong to the minority
> of SLIME users/hackers using Windoze.

This is a sort of kind of almost me-too. Darcs is working nicely for
me on Windows, but I've had my share of problems with it on
ppc/darwin.

> Does usage of plain old CVS hold back SLIME development in any way?

Hear, hear.

While I'm not dead set against moving to Darcs, can someone please
tell me how it will make Slime hacking better?

A real workflow example or two would be good.

Since Slime would still (I assume) work on a central repository model,
I don't see a huge benefit -- but maybe that just shows my relative
inexperience with Darcs.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."