[slime-devel] Re: Setting browse-url-browser-function

GP lisper spambait at CloudDancer.com
Fri Apr 7 01:38:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 07:09:36 -0800, <tim at johnsons-web.com> wrote:
> (resend: no posting in 24 hours)
> I'm unsure of the syntax of browse-url-browser-function.
> evaluating the following:
>
> Pointers to docs or examples are welcome.

(custom-set-variables         ; from GUI buttons

 '(browse-url-browser-function (quote browse-url-generic))
 '(browse-url-generic-program "opera")
 '(browse-url-generic-args '("-newpage"))
 '(browse-url-netscape-program "nil")

)

I think I spent about 30 minutes in
trial-and-error-then-read-more-source-code to get it working as
desired.  As I recall, it's basically designed for Netscape with
everything else patched in.

--
If you use SLIME, it will categorize compiler noise for you into
Errors, Warnings, and Notes.  Lets see VI match that!