[slime-devel] "Unbalanced parentheses"

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Mon Sep 5 14:02:37 UTC 2005

* Edi Weitz [2005-09-05 01:34+0200] writes:

> Nice message, but I don't know where it comes from, i.e. which part of
> my code it refers to.  SLIME isn't very helpful either in this case
> because, as I said, I get Emacs errors, probably because Emacs sexp
> parsing fails here.  Any idea for a workaround?

I think it's fixed in CVS, but try to increase the values for
*print-level* etc. so that the full form is printed.

My guess it that CMUCL generates the message while compiling/inlineing
a method dispatch function at load time and that there is no
useful/obvious "source location" for this kind of message anyway.

Helmut.