[slime-devel] Re: Slime lockup after returning from SLDB

Steven E. Harris seh at panix.com
Mon Oct 31 16:26:50 UTC 2005

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> The change is a month old or so.

Ah, it had been about two months since I had last used SLIME for any
debugging.

> `abort' is a standard restart and it can be useful to have it on key.
> It's also used to exit from say SDBL level 2 to level 1.

Regarding this jumping from level 2 to level 1, does this mean that
the abort restart only kills the Lisp implementation if used at SLDB
level 1? I just know that hitting 'a' was ingrained in muscle memory,
so apparently it used to do what I expected.

> I added an extra abort restart so that you can press `a' if you like.

Thanks. Last night after posting my admittedly hot-tempered message, I
consciously tried using 'q' instead and did find the similarity
described both by you and in Andras Simon's follow message to be nice
and logical.

> `q' is the key to exit from the Emacs debugger, so it pretty natural
> to use the same key for the same purpose in SLDB.

Got it. I just need to unlearn the impulse to hit 'a'.

--
Steven E. Harris