[slime-devel] Slime lockup after returning from SLDB

Jonathan Lee 2jlee at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 29 21:26:50 UTC 2005

I am running the CVS of SLIME as of 27-Oct-2005 in GNU Emacs 21.3.1 on
Windows XP using CLISP 2.35 as the backend.

After aborting an error that throws me into the SLDB I get no prompt in the
SLIME REPL.  If I try to evaluate a form or variable (or even a blank
line), I get
the following in the mini-buffer:

;pipelined request... (swank:listener-eval "form I evaluated")

If I try to evaluate a form in another buffer I get a similar response:

;pipelined request... (swank:interactive-eval "form I evaluated")

The inferior-lisp buffer seems to still be working perfectly when I
evaluate a test
form in it.

I've discovered that if I use "M-x slime" I can get SLIME to break out
of this
lockup, but this is definitely non-optimal.

Jonathan Lee
(format t "~A@~A.~A" '2jlee 'earthlink 'net)