[slime-devel] Re: How to connect to lisp with swank preloaded?

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sat Oct 8 09:34:00 UTC 2005

Andrew Stebakov <astebakov at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am using CLisp so let's say I wan't to save an image
> with Swank so I just do the regular procedure with
> "M-x slime" which will give me the REPL.
> Now if I save image and start clisp with the same
> procedure it will crash (I guess because swank is
> already loaded in the image). What steps can I do now
> to avoid swank from loading again?

i'm not sure but it looks like you're saving an image with the sime
server already started, this is going to create problems whne you
startup the image since it contains refrences to sockets and other os
resources whcih no longer exist. what you want to do is save an image
with swank loaded (but without a runnig server) and then startup a
server every time you start the image. try using something like this:

[untested]

; in a clean CLISP image

(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :swank)
(ext:saveinitmem "image-with-swank.mem"
                 :init-function (lambda () (swank:create-swank-server)))

then loadup the image-with-swank image and you should get a properly
runnig swank server.

hth.

--
-Marco