[slime-devel] Re: .slime

Michael m.labhard at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 02:37:32 UTC 2005

Helmut Eller <heller <at> common-lisp.net> writes:

> * Michael [2005-11-21 02:24+0100] writes:
>
> > Unfortunately there is no directory ~/.slime and there are no files
> > *.fasl other than those accompanying the common lisp install.  So I
> > am unable to use this fix.
>
> I have no idea how that can be.  Creating the ~/.slime dir is about
> the first thing we do.  Maybe it's a Gentoo issue?

Yes, it is a Gentoo thing.  I received this reply from the
Gentoo maintainer:

"There is no ~/.slime FASL cache because the Gentoo ports are
created to use the general cache in /var/cache/common-lisp-controller.
If you are using SBCL, try removing old FASLs from there using
this command:

   "rm -rf /var/cache/common-lisp-controller/<your-username>/sbcl/*"

Unfortunately, after executing this command slime still hangs
exactly as before.

Any ideas?