[slime-devel] .slime

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Tue Nov 22 11:06:50 UTC 2005

+ Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net>:

| * Michael [2005-11-21 02:24+0100] writes:
|
| > Unfortunately there is no directory ~/.slime and there are no files
| > *.fasl other than those accompanying the common lisp install.  So I
| > am unable to use this fix.
|
| I have no idea how that can be.  Creating the ~/.slime dir is about
| the first thing we do.  Maybe it's a Gentoo issue?

That is odd indeed.  You seem to be using sbcl.  What version?

You also seem to get a functioning *inferior-lisp* buffer.  What do
you get if you evaluate (swank-loader::binary-pathname #P"foo.lisp")
in it?  Or (user-homedir-pathname)?

As far as I can tell from the code, ~/.slime is not created as a
separate step, but impicitly through a call to
ensure-directories-exist when compiling source files.

Oh, and there should be a swank-loader.fasl in the slime directory.
It should get recompiled automatically if swank-loader.lisp is
changed, but you may wish to remove it just in case.

- Harald