[slime-devel] Endless Loop in Lisp when ,loading twice

Stefan Kamphausen skampi at gmx.net
Fri Nov 4 13:48:13 UTC 2005

Hi Edi,

> > #.(locally-enable-sql-reader-syntax)
> > ;; ...
> > #.(restore-sql-reader-syntax-state)
> >
> > and that this is the file in which I always land one defun in front.
>
> Replace that with
>
>   (eval-when (:compile-toplevel :load-toplevel :execute)
>     (setq *readtable* (copy-readtable))
>     (clsql:locally-enable-sql-reader-syntax))

Works fine.  Thank you!

> and then you don't need to switch it off at the end of the file.
> Search the mailing list for a similar bug report of mine a couple of
> months ago.

Funny.  Reading that thread I find that I have been about halfway through
your experiences.  The very minute your answer arrived I came to the
conclusion that the #.(HACK) is really the origin of the error.  It would
have taken me several hours to arrive at eval-when, though.  I was just
starting to fiddle around with package names.  So, again, thanks! :-)

Regards,
Stefan

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl