[slime-devel] Re: emacs build complains about slime

GP lisper spambait at CloudDancer.com
Mon May 16 08:44:56 UTC 2005

On 16 May 2005 09:00:23 +0200, <luke at synap.se> wrote:
> GP lisper <spambait at CloudDancer.com> writes:
>
>> Dumping under names emacs and emacs-21.3.1
>> 715504 pure bytes used
>> ./emacs -q -batch -f list-load-path-shadows
>> This site has duplicate Lisp libraries with the same name.
>> If a locally-installed Lisp library overrides a library in the Emacs release,
>> that can cause trouble, and you should probably remove the locally-installed
>> version unless you know what you are doing.
>>
>> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tree-widget hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/slime/tree-widget
>
> We use Emacs21's tree-widget.el library and we have bundled it with
> SLIME so that it will be available under other Emacsen. The warning
> here is saying that you have two tree-widget.el's and Emacs's own one
> is taking precedence over SLIME's copy.

Actually, that's what I thought too when I posted, but reading it now
shows that the second copy is in site-lisp (which only holds
subdirs.el with a new emacs install).  Tree-widget seems to have
gotten into site-lisp back when I used the gentoo emerge installation
for clisp (since removed).  Diff shows the two copies indentical, so I
will leave the slime copy and rm the site-lisp copy.

Thanks again for a great IDE, I'm at the point now where if I cannot
get slime working (MSwindows needs different tricks), I won't use the
lisp implementation.

--
Everyman has three hearts;
one to show the world, one to show friends, and one only he knows.