[slime-devel] Re: SLIME with AllegroCL on Windows - dumb question

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Thu Feb 24 17:13:12 UTC 2005

I've been using SLIME with Allegro 6.2 and 7.0 under Windows for
some time.  My problem was only a startup delay launching the GUI
application, reading the swank code and starting the server.  My lisp
init file sets the port # to connect so calling slime-connect works fine
if I just delay the connect until the server is ready.  Your mileage may
vary (different systems take different startup time).  I always use F5
instead of M-x slime to start up the system.

 From slime.el:
(global-set-key
 [(f5)]
 '(lambda ()
    (interactive)
    (start-process "acl" nil "c:/Progra~1/acl70/clim.exe" "+B" "+M"
"+cn" "-I" "clim.dxl")
;; "-d" "allegro-log.txt")
    (delete-other-windows)
    ;; Give time for loading to happen and server to start
    (sleep-for 5)
    (slime-connect "localhost" 4005)
    (slime-set-default-directory "c:/Work/think/trunk/")))

 From slime.lisp:
(load "c:/Work/Think/trunk/lisp/slime/swank-loader.lisp")
(swank::create-swank-server 4005 :spawn #'swank::simple-announce-function t)

Ian