[slime-devel] Using swank.. :)

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Thu Feb 24 16:38:33 UTC 2005

Bruno Loff <bruno.loff at gmail.com> writes:

> Hey :)
> I'm trying to make a plugin for the Eclipse (www.eclipse.org) platform
> to work with common lisp. I was wondering if it was possible for me to
> use Swank to interact with lisp, or if it's too tightly integrated to
> the way emacs works.
>
> If it isn't, is there any documentation on Swank? I'm not even sure if
> it's what I'm looking for: a layer that facilitates compilation,
> evaluation and debugging for a lisp-using process.

swank communicates with emacs over a socket, so it's not strictly tied
to emacs as far as the communication goes. however it may contain some
emacs'isms which makes it difficult to integrate into eclipse's way of
doing things. to get an idea of what emacs and swank send back and
forth look at the contents of the *slime-events* buffer and set
*log-events* to t and see what's going on.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.