[slime-devel] sbcl ffi, alien-definition and slime-compile-file

Maurice mauricex at gmx.net
Tue Feb 22 21:00:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

I use slime 1.0 with emacs 21.3.1 and sbcl 0.8.19.29.

If I run the command slime-compile-file with the following code
everything is OK:

  (defpackage :test-c-call
    (:use :cl :sb-alien :sb-c-call))
  (in-package :test-c-call)

  (define-alien-routine my-func
      void)

However, if I change the above my-func-definition to return a pointer
for example:

  (define-alien-routine my-func
      (* t))

Then I get the this error:

  error while parsing arguments to DESTRUCTURING-BIND:
    invalid number of elements in
      ()
    to satisfy lambda list
      ((SWANK-BACKEND::START . SWANK-BACKEND::END)):
    exactly 1 expected, but 0 found
     [Condition of type SB-KERNEL::ARG-COUNT-ERROR]

This happens only when using the slime-compile-* functions. If I enter
the alien-definition directly on the repl-prompt it gives me no error.

Maybe you know how to fix that. Thank you.