[slime-devel] Comment indentation in newer Emacsen

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Feb 22 07:27:45 UTC 2005

Dumb question number two for today:

I've recently switched to a CVS build (circa end of January) of GNU
Emacs on Windows.  Now, if I have a function like this in a lisp mode
buffer

(defun foo ()
  "This is a very very very very very very very very very very very very long comment line."
  (bar x))

and press M-q within the comment string the result looks like so:

(defun foo ()
  "This is a very very very very very very very very very very
  very very long comment line."
  (bar x))

However, in 21.3 the result looked like this

(defun foo ()
  "This is a very very very very very very very very very very
very very long comment line."
  (bar x))

which is what I prefer.  Is this a bug or can the behaviour be changed
with some setting that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Edi.