[slime-devel] Re: [Patch] Improve slime-insert-arglist for generic functions

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Feb 20 23:25:48 UTC 2005

Matthias Koeppe <mkoeppe+slime at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de> writes:

> 	  (find 17 '(17 18 19) :test #'= <C-c C-s>
> 	    --inserts--> :from-end from-end
> 			 :test-not test-not :start start :end end :key key)

I know we might be asking the impossible, but...  suggesting :test-not
here when the :test argument has already been provided, while
statically valid, is arguably a bad idea.  For those functions in
Common Lisp which have this requirement that :test and :test-not be
mutually exclusive, would it be possible to make an exception?

> 	  (defclass foo () ((bar :initarg :bar)))
> 	  (defmethod initialize-instance :after ((object foo) &key blub))
> 	  (make-instance 'foo <C-c C-s>
> 	    --inserts--> :bar bar :blub blub initargs...)

Neat.

Cheers,

Christophe