[slime-devel] Re: Improved trace

Antonio Menezes Leitao aml at gia.ist.utl.pt
Wed Feb 16 22:06:21 UTC 2005

Dirk Gerrits <dirk at dirkgerrits.com> writes:

> Antonio Menezes Leitao <aml at gia.ist.utl.pt> writes:
>
>> BTW, it also includes two small changes to allow the CL process to
>> comunicate with the Emacs process.  They are not needed for trace but
>> are useful for refactoring operations that I'm implementing in Slime.
>>
>> Any comments/corrections/improvements are very welcome.
>
> I haven't tried your tracing improvements, but they sound like a really
> good idea.
>
> BTW, I didn't know anyone was actively working on a refactoring browser
> for SLIME.  How's your progress?

Most of the stuff that I had a few years ago with eli + allegro is now
running in Slime + whatever CL I'm using.  Some of the refactoring
operations need more work.  I'll spend a few more weeks working with
it (while I'm finishing a project) and then I'll try to provide a
patch.  But don't expect anything special.  They are very simple and
are mostly helpful for dealing with legacy code.

Best regards,

António Leitão.