[slime-devel] Improved trace

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed Feb 16 20:55:52 UTC 2005

Antonio Menezes Leitao <aml at gia.ist.utl.pt> writes:

> Obviously, not everything can work in every CL.  Also, the specific
> trace commands depend on the CL we are using.  This, I think, should
> not stop us from using it (and strongly encourage CL implementors to
> provide the missing bits).

unfortunetly it's not so simple, getting the "vendors" to implement it
is hard enough (time being the scarce reource that it is), getting
users to upgrade is even more difficult. i think it's important that
this degrade gracefully on lisps where the support doesn't exist (i'll
provide such support for openmcl). if nothing else the default
implementations should trace the outer function (sans setf) as trace
currently does.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.