[slime-devel] Re: some cancel-timer error

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 2 20:54:19 UTC 2005

Surendra Singhi <efuzzyone at netscape.net> writes:

> SLIME starts and works fine, but why do I have this problem all of a
> sudden? Earlier I had never loaded the timer library.
>
> I did install and update the packages on my machine, can that be the
> reason for it?

Maybe you installed a new version of the timer package with fewer
autoloads.  Or maybe the new package is splitted in two files so that
cancel-timer is no longer loaded when creating a timer.

Of course, it could also be a bug in SLIME that was uncovered by the
updated packages.  But I wasn't able to reproduce your problem and
only added an explicit (require 'timer) so that you don't have to load
the timer package manually.

Helmut.