[slime-devel] slime cvs 20051213, XEmacs 21.4.17

Adam Fabian awfabian at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 04:56:59 UTC 2005

When I try to run slime for the first time with the CVS version from
Dec 12, XEmacs 21.4.17, and SBCL 0.97, I get this error down in the
messages area:

itimer "run-with-timer" signaled: (error "127.0.0.1/|^H& Servname not supported

And it appears to go on, but I'm lame enough that I haven't figure out
how to read the rest of the messages buffer without making it
disappear.

I might think I had some kind of local hosts or DNS misconfiguration,
if the same setup didn't work perfectly well under regular GNU Emacs
21.4.1.

I know this is kind of lame for a bug report; I'm amenable to being
told how to beat more useful information out of xemacs, like.. oh,
say, the rest of that message.