[slime-devel] FreeBSD+sbcl: sldb fails to pop up

Ari Johnson iamtheari at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 16:49:22 UTC 2004

I'm running FreeBSD 5.2.1 and sbcl 0.8.12, using GNU Emacs 21.3.  The
sldb debugger fails to pop up when an error occurs, and instead I have
to interact with the sbcl debugger in the REPL buffer.  Am I missing a
prerequisite somewhere?  I threw slime in
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/slime and it loads fine.  The
pertinent part of my .emacs follows, and I then do M-x slime to start
it up.  Thanks to anyone who can help me out on this.
---
;;; SLIME

(setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl")
(setq slime-startup-animation nil)