[slime-devel] Problem with Clisp on WindowsNT

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Sat Oct 9 12:12:39 UTC 2004

Nico schrieb:
> I use CLisp with Slime on Windows NT. If I work in Slime and save an
> image, the reload of the saved image
> cause a stack overflow problem. The exact message is : *** - Program
> stack overflow. RESET
>
> My guess is that the problem is caused by the reloading of Slime that
> interacts with the Slime that is already
> in the saved image. The saved image can be loaded without a problem if
> Slime is not used. What is the workaround ?
> I have tried to disable the loading of Slime since the Lisp part of
> Slime should be part of the saved image, but
> had no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

That's probably a clisp problem.
You should report that with your exact clisp version used to the clisp
list. For this clisp of mine it works fine:

$ clisp --version
GNU CLISP 2.33 (2004-03-17) (built 3304715083) (memory 3304774021)
Software: GNU-C 3.3.3 (cygwin special)
gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
-Wno-sign-compare -O2 -fexpensiv
e-optimizations -DUNICODE -DDYNAMIC_FFI -I. -x none -lintl libcharset.a
libavcall.a libcallback.a -l
readline -lncurses  -liconv -L/usr/local/lib -lsigsegv -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-lX11
SAFETY=0 HEAPCODES STANDARD_HEAPCODES SPVW_PAGES SPVW_MIXED
Features:
(ASDF LOOP COMPILER CLOS CLISP ANSI-CL COMMON-LISP LISP=CL INTERPRETER
SOCKETS GENERIC-STREAMS
  LOGICAL-PATHNAMES SCREEN FFI GETTEXT UNICODE BASE-CHAR=CHARACTER PC386
UNIX CYGWIN)
Installation directory: /usr/lib/clisp/
User language: ENGLISH
Machine: I686 (I686) reini.helsinki.local [192.168.0.2]

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/