[slime-devel] Re: serious xemacs/slime bug

Surendra Singhi efuzzyone at netscape.net
Mon Nov 29 14:37:19 UTC 2004

David Steuber wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2004, at 4:45 AM, Surendra Singhi wrote:
>
>> I am using slime-1.0 and Xemacs 21.13.
>

> You should probably try CVS HEAD and see if your problem is already fixed.

I have tried using cvs head earlier, but there are other issues with it
and the cvs head doesn't even starts up on my xemacs. I have posted this
problem on the newsgroup earlier, look in the "xemacs & slime  - bug"
thread. I don't know if it is fixed yet.
Anyway, more on the current bug.

I am using clisp system, and sometimes due to some error in the program,
when the clisp goes into an infinite loop, slime terminates the
connection and shows "evaluation aborted" error message.
And this is when the error in the orignial post occurs. The way out of
it for me is to restart the slime connection. and luckily, when I
restart the slime conncetion the memory image which was present before
the command which caused connection disruption occurred is reloaded,
i.e., I don't need to redefine everything.

Another problem which I am facing is that I am not able to abort
evaluation on clisp from slime, I don't know whether it is a bug in
clisp or slime.

--
Surendra Singhi

www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi