[slime-devel] Re: C-c C-l bug

Surendra Singhi efuzzyone at netscape.net
Wed Nov 24 03:44:11 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie wrote:
> Surendra Singhi <efuzzyone at netscape.net> writes:
>

>>This is the info which I got when I checked the binding.
>>Do you want some other info?
>>
>>C-c C-l runs `slime-load-file'
>

> Weird. Does `M-x slime-load-file' also just show you the
> *inferior-lisp* buffer? That should never happen.

It is not only wierd but hard to repeat error. And the funny thing thing
about it is that it occurs when I am in the REPL buffer.

The C-c C-l and `M-x slime-load-file' works fine in other buffers.

But when I run C-c C-l command in REPL buffer, it shows *inferior-lisp*
buffer.
But on running `M-x slime-load-file'  expliclitly it gives this error:

Signaling: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
   file-name-nondirectory(nil)
   (file-name-sans-extension (file-name-nondirectory (buffer-file-name)))
   (read-file-name "Load file: " nil nil nil (file-name-sans-extension
(file-name-nondirectory ...)))
   (list (read-file-name "Load file: " nil nil nil
(file-name-sans-extension ...)))
   call-interactively(slime-load-file)
   command-execute(slime-load-file t)
   execute-extended-command(nil)
   call-interactively(execute-extended-command)

I got it now, it seems that C-c C-l and the function is implemented to
run only from slime buffers but not REPL.

It is not exactly a bug, but something which should be fixed and allowed
in REPL(I am assuming that REPL major mode is associated with slime) too.

--
Surendra Singhi

www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi