[slime-devel] SLIME install trouble

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 16 07:15:19 UTC 2004

Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> writes:

> I'm having trouble getting slime working on my home machine.  It worked
> beatifully at work, but not at home.
>
> First, at home I'm running CMUCL 18e and GNU Emacs 21.2.1 on Irix
> 6.5.20.  I can update to a newer Emacs if need be, but at the moment a
> newer lisp doesn't appear to be an option.  That said, Cliki seems to
> indicate that 18e is supposed to be supported.

There seems to be a bug in CMUCL's create-inet-listener.  You can
probably work around if you remove the :host argument in create-socket
in swank-cmucl.lisp.  There are already a few #+ppc conditionals.  The
same should work for MIPS.

It would, of course, be nicer if someone could actually fix
create-inet-listener.  It seems to be something simple, like a byte
order bug or a wrong constant.

Helmut.