[slime-devel] slime-quit broken

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 15 23:26:58 UTC 2004

Chris Capel <pdf23ds at gmail.com> writes:

> The slime-quit function no longer works, apparently because
> slime-dispatch-event no longer handles that message. I checked out CVS
> history, and it appears this has been the case since the state machine
> stuff was removed around revision 198.
>
> Is there a function to use to cancel a C-xC-e calculation stuck in an
> endless loop besides slime-quit, or is this really broken?

Yeah, this is broken for quite some time now.  It was originally
intended to have two commands: one for interrupting and one for
aborting (or quitting).  The intended difference was that the Quit
command throws back to the toplevel immediately and the interrupt
commands should pop up the debugger.

Currently there's only slime-interrupt C-c C-b. 'b' is for 'break'.
C-c C-b should always work.  I consider it as one of the more
important features.  If doesn't work, please let us know.

The quit command can be emulated by first interrupting and then
quitting in the debugger.  I'm not sure whether we need a separate
quit command, as it is somewhat redundant.

Helmut.