[slime-devel] Reader conditional highlighting for xemacs

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Nov 11 22:37:10 UTC 2004

Raymond Toy <raymond.toy at ericsson.com> writes:

> Here is a very gross implementation of reader conditional highlighting for
> xemacs.  This is a really cool feature, but it should use something besides
> font-lock-comment-face, I think.  It would also be nice if the conditional
> expression were also highlighed the same way.  Then I could ignore it
> completely.

Oh, that's nice.  Thanks.  I installed it.  I also added a new face:
slime-reader-conditional-face.  As defface doesn't like me, I was
unable to set a reasonable default color for XEmacs.  It looks just
like the default face.  So you have to configure it.

> (defun slime-activate-font-lock-magic ()
>   (if (featurep 'xemacs)
>       (let ((pattern '((slime-search-suppressed-forms
>                         (0 font-lock-comment-face t)))))
>         (setf lisp-font-lock-keywords
>               (append lisp-font-lock-keywords pattern))
>         (setf lisp-font-lock-keywords-1
>             (append lisp-font-lock-keywords pattern))
>         (setf lisp-font-lock-keywords-2
>             (append lisp-font-lock-keywords pattern)))

This sets all three variables to the same value.  I assume meant to
add the pattern to each variable.  At least that seems to work too.

Helmut.