[slime-devel] Re: sbcl regression with slime

Pascal J.Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Tue Nov 9 23:02:12 UTC 2004

Christophe Rhodes writes:
> Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:
> I feel we're still grappling with what the problem actually is, I'm
> afraid... sorry for not being clearer.

I'm puzzled. It works perfecly well with clisp under ilisp.

(setq clisp-hs-program
    "/usr/local/bin/clisp -ansi -q -K full -m 32M -I -Eterminal UTF-8")

(add-hook 'ilisp-init-hook
    (lambda () (set-buffer-process-coding-system 'mule-utf-8 'mule-utf-8)))

So, let's see what you're doing differently under slime (and sbcl?).

First, swank creates its own channel instead of *terminal-io*. When
opening it it must specify the wanted encoding (:external-format
charset:??? in clisp, what in sbcl?).

Then slime must set the buffer process codig system to match that
specified by swank as external format.

The world will now reboot; don't bother saving your artefacts.