[slime-devel] Symbol's value as variable is void: slime-net-processes while starting SLIME

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Wed Jun 30 13:17:37 UTC 2004

I have updated my working copy of the CVS sources a couple of hours
ago, and SLIME does no longer work.  It worked fine the previous time
I had updated the sources, i.e. yesterday or at most a couple of days
ago.

More specifically, when I issue the `M-x slime' command from Emacs, I
get the error:

  Error in init file: Symbol's function definition is void: slime-def-connection-var

I also get this error in another circumstance:

  Symbol's value as variable is void: slime-net-processes

Things are screwed so bad that when I run Gnus, it correctly accesses
news, but fails to get mail from my local spool.  This, anyway, is no
big deal: Gnus and the rest work fine if I disable SLIME-related forms
in my ~/.emacs file.

Before starting SLIME, I made sure to delete all existing fasl files.
I use GNU Emacs 20.7.2 and CMUCL 18e under Debian Woody.

I just thought you might be interested in this... :)

Paolo "SLIME CVS head or bust" Amoroso