[slime-devel] How do I abort the debugger and return to the repl?

Anders Conradi beque at telia.com
Mon Jun 21 16:20:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

How do I abort the debugger and return to the repl?
When I enter an expression that is invalid into the repl slime opens a
debug buffer:

CL-USER> (teddybear)

Opens a debugger containing:

Undefined function NO-SUCH-FUNCTION called with arguments () .
    [Condition of type CCL::UNDEFINED-FUNCTION-CALL]

Restarts:
   0: [CONTINUE] Retry applying NO-SUCH-FUNCTION to NIL.
   1: [USE-VALUE] Apply specified function to NIL this time.
   2: [STORE-VALUE] Specify a function to use as the definition of
NO-SUCH-FUNCTION.
   3: [ABORT] Abort handling SLIME request.
   4: [ABORT-BREAK] #<RESTART ABORT-BREAK #xA4BE06>
   5: [ABORT] #<RESTART ABORT #xA4BE2E>

Backtrace:
   0: (CCL::CALL-CHECK-REGS 'NO-SUCH-FUNCTION)
  --more--

In that buffer there is a list of restarts, the bottom three which
seems like they might return to the repl. If I select number 3 I get
another debugger, and if I continue to select the one described as
"Abort handling SLIME request." openmcl eventually crash and enter the
openmcl kernel debugger.

Restart 4 & 5 aborts, but all I get is (for restart 5, but the result
for restart 4 is similar):

Invoking restart: #<RESTART ABORT #xA4BE2E>
; Evaluation aborted

I don't get any new repl-prompt.

What is going on? I run a version of slime updated just a few minutes
ago and openmcl 0.14.2-p1.

// Anders