[slime-devel] Re: More newbie questions: process-interrupt in LispWorks

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 29 11:18:47 UTC 2004

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi at gnus.org> writes:

> As far as I can tell, `C-c C-c' in the REPL gives me a rather
> uninformative backtrace, but doesn't actually interrupt the currently
> evaluating form.  Which is kinda disappointing.
>
> So how do you break the form that's running?

Recently we added a dedicated REPL thread and I think the "control
thread" doesn't yet know about it.  As a temporary fix you can revert
listener-eval to:

 (defslimefun listener-eval (string)
     (repl-eval string))

This might result in funny behavior with special variables, because
each request is evaluated in a separate thread.  I will look it into
this at evening.

Helmut.