[slime-devel] Re: CLISP SLIME implementation breaks in CVS

Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com
Wed Apr 28 17:19:10 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com writes:
>
> > My previous SLIME installation was a CVS install from 4/18. I've just
taken
> > the latest CVS install and the CLISP SLIME implementation (under
Windows)
> > breaks. Here is the error:
> >
> > COERCE: #<MACRO #<COMPILED-CLOSURE SWANK::DEFSLIMEFUN>> cannot be
coerced
> > to type FUNCTION
> >    [Condition of type SIMPLE-TYPE-ERROR]
>
> I can reproduce this but I've no idea what is causing it. It /looks/
> like someone is trying to call defslimefun as a function rather than a
> macro, but I don't see where it could happen -- the macro is declared
> at the top of the only file that refers to it.
>
> I did fix a different but similar problem that I got under CLISP. It
> seems like I had to swap the order of a couple of macros, one of which
> expanded into into code that calls the other, but that surely can't be
> the reason.
>
> > Backtrace:
> >   0: EVAL frame for form (SWANK:CREATE-SWANK-SERVER 4007)
>
> Mine actually gives an empty backtrace (!). I fixed the Elisp-side to
> handle that incase it helps someone more CLISP-savvy find the problem.

Has anybody had any luck in finding the source of this problem? CLISP still
breaks for me in the latest CVS. I have had a look at all of the
DEFSLIMEFUN's that were modified since 4/18 (the previous CVS version that
I had which was working ok with CLISP) and haven't found any obvious clues.
Any suggestions on how I might debug this issue as it occurs at startup
during the slime-connect processing in Emacs (after CLISP has started up
successfully)?

- Bill