[slime-devel] Re: cannot start slime

Lawrence Mitchell wence at gmx.li
Tue Apr 27 17:39:26 UTC 2004

Steven E. Harris wrote:

[...]

> Where is that "\\s(" coming from? Clearly it's similar to the intended
> "^(", but not anchored and perhaps not sufficient to resolve the
> hs-minor-mode bug.

> Ah, take a look in hideshow.el's hs-grok-mode-type function, called
> form hs-minor-mode. Near the end, we find:

Yes, I see the same problem.  It would appear that setting
hs-block-start-regexp directly is not the way to go, but one
should rather bind something in hs-special-modes-alist.  Can you
try this version of slime-events-buffer?

(defun slime-events-buffer ()
  (or (get-buffer "*slime-events*")
      (let ((buffer (get-buffer-create "*slime-events*"))
            ;; `hs-grok-mode-type' overrides the setting of
            ;; `hs-block-start-regexp' using this variable.  Bind it
            ;; accordingly -- Lawrence 2004/04/27
            (hs-special-modes-alist '((fundamental-mode
                                       "^(" nil ";" nil nil))))
        (with-current-buffer buffer
          ;; Will most likely get overridden by
          ;; `hs-special-modes-alist', but better safe than sorry
          ;; -- Lawrence 2004/04/27
          (set (make-local-variable 'hs-block-start-regexp "^("))
          (set (make-local-variable 'comment-start) ";")
          (set (make-local-variable 'comment-end) "")
          (hs-minor-mode))
        buffer)))

[...]

--