[slime-devel] comma shortcut doesn't work always

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Apr 22 12:20:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 01:48:55 +0200, Tiago Maduro-Dias <tcmd at rnl.ist.utl.pt> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 01:40, Edi Weitz wrote:
>> 4. Now type M-x slime.
>>
>> 5. Type the comma.
>>
>> At this point I'm not asked for a shortcut command in the minibuffer
>> but the comma is simply entered into the REPL instead.
>>
>> Anybody else seeing this?
>
> Actually, I think all you need are these two steps :).

Yes, in most cases. But not always. I can see no pattern here.

> Whenever I start SLIME, the first character will always be entered
> into the REPL, even if it is a comma. If I try pressing backspace
> first, for instance, pressing comma afterwards will have the
> expected behaviour.

I tried to debug this but I'm stuck. From my playing around I gather
that when this happens slime-repl-mode-map isn't used at all[1] but I
have no idea why this should be the case.

Hmmm,
Edi.

[1] Try adding something like (message "FOOOO") to slime-space and
    press SPC instead of comma in the example above. No message. Press
    any other key and now you'll see "FOOOO" each time you press SPC.