[slime-devel] Closing *Completions* buffer

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 20 23:32:06 UTC 2004

Camille Troillard <tuscland at mac.com> writes:

> Hello,

> This new feature is really nice, but wouldn't it be ever better if the
> *Completions* buffer was closed when the completion is finally done ?
> I think it is more functional, the problem is that I am not good
> enough at Emacs programming to do it myself.  I'll give a try though

There is code to do this (was already there before this patch).
Unfortunately it is not so easy to detect when a "completion is
finally done".

Currently the buffer is closed after a completion, when the user types
one of the chars "()\"'`,# \r\n:" after.  We also wait for the next
possibility when the user inserts a self-inserting char, completes
again or a hits backspace.  We give up if the user does something
else, like switching to another buffer.

If you have a better or simpler idea, please speak up :)

Helmut.